Please find below the last logistic details of KICSS”2013
The detailed program of the conference is available on http://www.kicss2013.ipbf.eu/program
KICSS’2013 will be held at two venues:
1. On November 7 and 8, 2013:
at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Straszewskiego street 17, 31-101 Kraków
Phone: +4812 618 88 88
2. On November 9, 2013: in the Wieliczka Salt Mine, Drozdowice III/IV Salt Chambers (transfer to Wieliczka by bus)
More info on how to get there can be found at www.krakow.pl and http://maps.google.com.
When you arrive at the conference venue (1), please visit the registration desk on the first floor to collect your conference badge and bag. The registration desk opens at 9 AM on Thursday, 7th November. It will be open until November 8, 5PM. No registration will be possible on Saturday, November 9.
You can leave your coat at the special stands close to the conference rooms. An additional cloakroom is situated behind the reception on the ground floor.
is available for KICSS participants in the underground parking of Radisson Blu – the entrance from Straszewskiego street. The special price is 8PLN per hour or 80 PLN per 24 day. Another nearby public parking place can be reached from Podwale street.
The KICSS’2013 Proceedings have been printed on a CD. You will find it in your conference bag. All registered participants can access the electronic Proceedings after logging-in to the Participant Panel. The detailed instruction on how to log has been announced separately. This opportunity will not be available after the conference.
Print version of the Proceedings (with a separate ISBN) may be ordered at the Registration Desk at an extra charge of EUR 50. We will print and mail them after the Conference.
1. Lunch on Thursday will be provided in the Radisson Blue Hotel Restaurant.
2. Welcome Reception cocktail will be provided at the conference venue in both conference rooms and the foyer on same day at 7PM.
3. Friday lunch will be served in the “Da Pietro” restaurant at the Main Market Square at 1:40 PM.
4. The conference dinner will be organized in one of the stylish restaurants on the Main Square. The dinner will start at 8PM on November 8. The venue will be communicated to the participants on Thursday afternoon.
5. The bus to Wieliczka will leave from the Radisson Blu Hotel main entrance on Saturday, November 9, at 8:45 AM. The lunch will be provided in the Salt Mine. Please note that there will not be possible to leave the Mine during the session. The return to Kraków is planned at around 5:30 PM.
1. Please do not forget to wear your badge and bring the tickets (if appropriate) to all social events.
2. Please notify the Registration Desk if you do not plan to take part in the tours /sessions. Due to the strict safety regulations of the Salt Mine we have to provide the exact number of those entering the Mine.
Kraków sightseeing on Sunday, November 10, and post-conference tours
The KICSS participants will be able to put their name on a list of those interested in a Kraków guided tour on November 10. It will be organized subject to the interest of participants. Radisson Blue cooperates with three tourist companies. They organize tours to Zakopane in the Tatra Mountains (mind the snow!), Pieniny Mountains, Warsaw, Ojcowski National Part, Auschwitz (Oświęcim) and other places of interest. You can get more info at the Hotel Reception desk. It is also planned that a representative of one of the agencies will come to the Registration Desk on Friday, November 8, afternoon to collect the registration to the tours (tbc).
The temperature on Thursday will rise up to 13 C. Occasional showers are possible. An even milder and dry weather of up to 16 C and sunshine is expected on Friday and Saturday. The night temperatures should not go below 6-7C. The rain will come back on Sunday, with slightly lower air temperature of about 10 C. A relatively nice weather with no precipitation and temperatures ranging between 7 and 10 C will stay up to Wednesday, November 13.
Weather report updates are available e.g. at http://pogoda.onet.pl/prognoza-pogody/dzis/europa,polska,krakow,9202.html